Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks
SSEN Future Networks Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
LCN Fund Tier 2
Energy Storage and Demand Response
Thames Valley Vision (TVV) will revolutionise the way in which DNOs utilise their existing networks. This project is a complete solution that will allow us to anticipate, understand and support behaviour change in individuals, small businesses and larger companies to help us manage our networks more effectively as GB moves towards a low carbon economy. Building on the techniques developed for supermarket loyalty schemes, TVV will use data intelligently to identify and predict network stress points in the short, medium and long term in order that DNOs can make more informed decisions.
TVV proposes that a better understanding of and more active role for electricity consumers can minimise the investment required to maintain secure distribution networks that meet customer needs.
The project will evaluate solutions including:
- A new network and planning environment
- Industrial and Commercial and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) automated demand side response
- Low Voltage (LV) static voltage control
- Street level energy storage
- A range of communications solutions
- Additionally the project will incorporate learning from other projects from GB and worldwide.
TVV will deliver new commercial agreements, procedures, policies and will inform national standards. It will disseminate learning through targeted communication and our low carbon community advisory centre. Ultimately, TVV will enable DNOs to avoid £5bn of network reinforcement through the involvement of all customers groups and a comprehensive understanding of networks.