Long Underground EHV Cables
Chris Goodhand, Innovation Manager (01977 605641)
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Innovation Funding Incentive
High Voltage Technology
To identify the potential issues with long distance distribution using underground cables.
To assess the potential issues with long distance distribution using underground cables (and identify solutions), including but not limited to:
- Earthing & bonding
- Electrical protection and control
- Pre-commissioning tests
- Fault location.
It is anticipated that the study will address issues including but not limited to:
- Charging currents as they affect testing, protection and voltage control
- The merits of distance, unit, and other protection schemes
- Communications over 40-50 km of cable
- Intermediate switching points
- Shunt and series compensation
- DC links.