Rezap Fault Master Developments
Electricity North West Limited
Electricity North West Innovation Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Innovation Funding Incentive
LV & 11kV Networks
The Kelvatek Rezap Fault Master has proved to be a very useful tool in
assisting with the rapid location and restoration of Low Voltage (LV) faults. This project
aimed to make several major developments to the Rezap in collaboration with
The Rezap has been used for the last 10 years as a tool to locate intermittent
LV faults and has been very successful. Kelvatek were engaged as a
collaborative partner to develop a new Rezap with an agreed functionality
and a number of additional potential beneficial features.
The aims of this project;
- Controlled trial and development of the Rezap Fault Master on LV
- Develop Firmware/software interface to DCMS/CI/CML’s data base
- Develop additional features i.e. Mobile phone control, Auto-reset.
- Develop accuracy and effectiveness of distance to fault location function
- Assess effectiveness of Fault Thumping mode
- Assess/develop effectiveness of location tracking mode Develop/assess
effectiveness and compatibility when used with other fault location
devices produced by Kelvatek and others
- Develop remote/auto resetting and re-closing fault Master. Both remote
via re zap control software and mobile phone
- Modular re zap for outdoor substations.
The aim is to continue to developElectricity North West Limited's LV fault restoration strategy using the