Voltage Transducers for Power Quality Measurements
National Grid Electricity System Operator
National Grid TO Innovation Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Innovation Funding Incentive
To assess the suitability and accuracy of voltage transducers for power quality
and wide band measurement.
The aims of this proposal are:
- To devise test procedures for determining High Voltage (HV) and Extra High Voltage (EHV) voltage transducer frequency response. This can be incorporated in international standards such as
- To determine frequency characteristic of typical Wound Voltage Transformers
(WVTs) in National Grid's network and hence assess the accuracy of the
- To examine the frequency response of Residual Current Devices (RCDs).
- To examine the use of Capacitor Voltage Transformers (CVTs) for power quality
measurements by considering the use of a new add-on device, the PQSensor, to
a standard CVT. The device response and capability would be examined.
- Specification for source, test rig and procedure (4 months)
- Design, build and commissioning of source and test (12 months)
- Specification for reference measurement system. (1 months)
- Design and build of reference measurement system (4 months)
- Review and update of test specification (2 months)
- Review and update of specification for reference measurement system
- Test on different type of Wound VTs (2 months)
- Test on different type of RCDs (2 months)
- Test on CVTs with new sensors. (2 months)
- Analysis of data and reporting (6 months).