Investigation Into the Performance of a Nano Coating for High Voltage Substation Insulation
National Grid Electricity System Operator
National Grid TO Innovation Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Innovation Funding Incentive
This project will assess the polloution performance of substation insulators.
To evaluate the electrical and pollution performance of a nano coating,
Voltshield, manufactured by RITEC International ltd, for application to substation
ceramic insulator systems.
- To understand the life expectancy of the product
- To understand the application issues of the product
- To provide an alternative solution to grease/washing of insulators to manage
pollution related flashovers
- To estimate the comparative costs of greasing and/or live washing systems
and the application of Voltshield as an alternative, through the case study of
- To identify a suitable site and apply the first application (Trial) of the product.