Chris Goodhand/Dave Whelan
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ED - Network improvements and system operability
Invetsigation of method for improving resin mixing for joint-potting to provide joints less prone to failure due to water ingress.
The objectives of this project are to:
* Review the range of possible approaches to resin mixing.
* Identify the key success criteria for resin mixing for electricity cable jointing.
* Identify a candidate technology that meets those criteria.
* Build, test and assess a prototype based on that technological approach.
* Make recommendations on a new approach which produces more consistent resin mixing and therefore improves the quality of cable joints and confirm a final design.
This in turn should improve long-term cable performance and reliability of the network as a whole.
Improived jointing quality and consequent long term improvement in network reliability.