Gas Distribution, Electricity Distribution, Electricity Transmission and Gas Transmission
Flexible Generation Forecasting
Wales and West Utilities, National Grid Electricity System Operator, Northern Gas Networks and SP Energy Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Environment and low carbon
A project to identify the key drivers and relevant datasets that will enable GDN's to more accurately forecast flexible generation operation on their networks
The core objectives of the project are to:
- Develop a robust model that can accurately forecast flexible generation plant operation 48 hours ahead.
- Identify the key drivers and relevant datasets that will enable GDNs to more accurately forecast flexible generation operation on their networks.
- Demonstrate a clear business case for improved data sharing between the UK network operators.
- Take a collaborative approach – involving other GDNs, NGGT, DNOs and ESO
- Identify and summarise current best practise approaches / modelling capability in the UK with respect to forecasting flexible generation operation
- Share key learnings and best practise with other UK GDNs & DNOs – to improve whole system forecasting and network planning / operation in close to real time.