Wales and West Utilities, SGN and Cadent
Thomas James – WWU (Lead network), Dominic Cummings (Technical Lead) & Oliver Machan (Innovation Lead) – SGN, Iain Foster – NGN, Colin Steer - CAD
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Gas Distribution Networks
The objective is to develop a new risk based methodology to improve how complex tasks are planned, executed, and managed to enhance operational control whilst potentially streamlining the administrative process.
The output will be the delivery of a revised industry standard that supports specific GDN and SCO requirements. The criteria for success of this project include:
- Creation of a risk based approach for management of the safe control of operations applicable;
- Defined training and competency requirements for roles required in an SCO process;
- Clarity on processes required when multiple hazards are present; and
- New guidance for dealing with audit & inspection requirements of SCO.
- Supplementary guide for GDNs to SCO GL/6