Western Power Distribution, Western Power Distribution South West, Western Power Distribution South Wales, Western Power Distribution East Midlands and Western Power Distribution West Midlands
Click here to send a question to the contact.
This project will be delivered in three key stages:
1. A comprehensive literature review to capture all previous learning from SF6 research and investigation;
2. Identifying and presenting the key insulating mediums to be assessed through initial trials; and
3. Testing the selected solutions using decommissioned 11kV RMUs and proposing recommendations for integrating alternative SF6 solutions into BaU.
The output deliverables will be captured within reports generated over the lifecycle of the project and summated in a final report delivered at the project closedown.
1. Conduct a literature review on all previous research considering SF6 gas alternatives;
2. Identify alternative solutions from the literature review which can be recommended for initial testing;
3. Conduct initial interruption and insulation tests on the proposed gases and document outcomes; and
4. Disseminate the lessons learnt to internal and external stakeholders.
1. The production of a document(s) which outlines the current status of SF6 alternatives and the identification of potentially suitable alternatives for further investigation;
2. The production of a document(s) which shows the method for selecting RMUs for testing, the technical testing specification, the test results and conclusions (even if these simply eliminate the identified solutions from being suitable for further study); and
3. The implementation of dissemination activities to communicate these findings with relevant stakeholders.