Western Power Distribution, Western Power Distribution East Midlands, Western Power Distribution South Wales, Western Power Distribution South West and Western Power Distribution West Midlands
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ED - Transition to low carbon future
Distributed Generation, Energy Storage, Low Carbon Generation, LV & 11kV Networks and Photovoltaics
1) Complete Design of BESS.
2) Procure equipment, install and commission.
3) Run trials and write report.
4) Identify changes necessary for participation on the Balancing Mechanism.
1) Quantify the potential value to network operators and others of integrating storage with DG.
2) Use real-world operation of an integrated utility scale storage:generation system to provide data to regulators and potential investors.
3) Demonstrate safe, reliable operation of the system under operational conditions.
Phases 1 to 4 above completed safely, on time and on budget. All usage cases are investigated and a comprehensive analysis of all data collected undertaken. Useful and applicable conclusions generated from the data analysis. Effective communication of the project’s results and conclusions to the UK renewable energy and power distribution community. Successful engagement with stakeholders, influencing the development of relevant governing mechanisms such as the grid code or balancing mechanism (BM).