UK Power Networks, Eastern Power Networks, London Power Networks and South Eastern Power Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ED - Transition to low carbon future
Commercial, Demand Response, Electric Vehicles and Stakeholder Engagement
Low provision of public charging infrastructure has been identified as a significant barrier to growth of the domestic EV market. Charge Collective will look to develop a network solution, in collaboration with Local Authorities, that can cut through the market, coordination, social and upfront connection cost challenges that lead to underinvestment in public charging infrastructure.
The aim of the project is to develop a framework to overcome barriers to investment in public charging infrastructure by reducing network costs and facilitating the efficient provision of upfront support to investors. The objective will include the:
· Engagement of LAs, chargepoint investors and other EV stakeholders to help design an effective intervention;
· Design of a methodology and framework for determining when network intervention is appropriate and for coordinating investment;
· Development of methodology for a coordinated plan for a specific area;
· Testing of network cost savings associated with the methodology’s implementation;
· Design and road-testing of a tendering approach;
· Development of “ready to launch” tender docs (subject to the detailed CBA in (1.3) and successful testing of the tendering approach in (2.3); and
Greater understanding of opportunities for flexibility from public charging infrastructure.