UK Power Networks, Eastern Power Networks, London Power Networks and South Eastern Power Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
The objective of this project is to deliver a robust forecast of the uptake and impact of plug-in taxis within the London area, allowing UK Power Networks to manage the network impact and risks associated with the plug-in vehicle uptake which will be accelerated by the ‘zero emission by 2022’ scheme.
The delivery of the following outcomes will be considered when assessing whether the project has been successful:
- Calculation of expected demand (volumes and load forecast) and impact from EV taxis charging on residential networks until a minimum of 2022 (preferably 2025)
- Identification of at risk network types i.e. establish any correlation between EV demand and certain network types/ configurations
- Solution recommendations to manage impacted networks to asset management and innovation team (where to focus more research)
- Longer-term engagement strategy developed for taxi community over the coming years as electrification of taxis increases
- 5) Enhancements recommended to our planning tools and processes to facilitate connection of higher volumes of EVs