EPRI Research Collaboration on Overhead Transmission (P35) and Substations (P37)
UK Power Networks, Eastern Power Networks, London Power Networks and South Eastern Power Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ED - Network improvements and system operability
Conductors, Maintenance & Inspection and Measurement
The results from these projects are delivered in ways that can easily be applied to improve system performance while managing costs. Many results can be applied immediately while other research may yield benefits over a longer time frame. This approach is expected to offer UK Power Networks and the GB consumer both short- and long-term value. Specific research activities include:
· Development of component specific information to assist in the selection, application and inspection processes;
· Assessment the effectiveness of inspection tools;
· Development of maintenance, inspection and assessment guidelines;
· Reference books, guidelines, and technology transfer workshops and
· Collaborative environments for sharing lessons learned and best practices.
To further knowledge, guidance and gather tools in managing overhead transmission lines (P35) and efficient lifecycle management of electrical assets (P37).