UK Power Networks, Eastern Power Networks, London Power Networks and South Eastern Power Networks
Ian Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org), Paul Dooley (email@example.com)
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Maintenance & Inspection
The project aims to demonstrate alternative reinstatement technique to the traditional method so as to reduce process cycle time, waste and cost, whilst improving quality of reinstatement and customer satisfaction, within the three UK Power Networks DNO areas.
The project will:
- Prove the consistency of material type mixes against the appropriate BS EN standard
- Ensure that the material has the correct ware resistance
- Trial the reinstatement technique at a number of sites involving different work types and surface reinstatement materials over a period of 3-6 months.
- Carry out comparison evaluations between existing and new reinstatement method.
- Invite local authorities to comment on the reinstatement method and material
We are expecting that the use of RoadMender and the propriety reinstatement material, a polymer modified asphalt, will help in the reduction of road congestion, improve process cycle time to improve customer satisfaction, reduce pollution with less vehicle movements, whilst improving the quality of reinstatement and thus reducing the volume and cost of reinstatement failures.
The following will be considered when assessing whether the project has been successful:
- Material compliance
- Speed of reinstatement versus conventional methods
- Compliance with SROH
- Cost benefit
- Process cycle time
- Number of days of disruption reduced