- Quantify the impact of the additional demand from the freight EV charging uptake.
- Provide insights into how reinforcement can be deferred.
- Understand interactions between EVs and local sub-stations and develop active management techniques for EVs to offer load balancing services to the grid.
The project will produce a joint detailed White Paper on the role of network operators in the EV rollout in logistics across Europe. As part of the FREVUE project, to encourage new networks and the exchange of know-how between project partners, a working group on grid issues and the impact on the EV logistics supply chain has been established.
The following criteria will be considered when assessing whether the project has been successful:
- The monitoring systems have been installed and commissioned successfully at the trial site and are performing correctly.
- An understanding of whether an improved or flexible connections offering can be developed for the expansion of the charging capacity has been highlighted.