ACCESS – Local Constraint Management (Mull)
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks, Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution and Southern Electric Power Distribution
SSEN Future Networks Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
The scope of the project will include the following:• Identify network constraint points and network safe operating limits;• Install appropriate monitoring equipment;• Trial and test equipment prior to deployment to ensure network compatibility ;• Trial and demonstrate the use of local demand side management to manage network constraints;• Investigate and contribute to the development of new technical arrangements and inform the development of commercial arrangements to facilitate local demand side management ;• Engage with other stakeholders to develop end to end solutions and trial potential solutions;• Identifying the effectiveness of existing regulatory incentives and regulatory barriers; and• An economic assessment of the business model being implemented
- Define the DNO’s requirements for local demand side response;
- Produce a Functional Design Specification for the system based on the DNO requirements ;
- Demonstrate and trial local demand side management on the Isle of Mull, working along with an established unconstrained community generation scheme and new community led demand customers in the form of new flexible electric heating systems primarily storage heaters;
- Create recommendations and inform the development of commercial arrangements , technical standards and operating procedures;
- Identify potential Regulatory and market barriers;
- Determine the technical and commercial viability of this system; and
- Produce recommendations on the suitability for wider application of this methodology.
The deployment of a successful trial that informs new technical and commercial standards.