Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks, Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution and Southern Electric Power Distribution
SSEN Future Networks Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Monitoring, Overhead Lines, Protection and Network Automation
The scope of the project is to evaluate the technical operation of, and business case for, the Intelliteam distribution automation technology in the SEPD and SHEPD regions.
The main delivery plan will work as follows:
- The new type of radios will be installed progressively on further lines, over the first six months of the project, with each line being commissioned and its functioning evaluated before proceeding to the next
- Once all feeder lines have been commissioned and are relying on Intellirupters for protection, the long term performance will be independently evaluated to quantify the operational aspects and business benefits of the Intellirupter/Intelliteam system
- The project will also examine the combination of the Intellirupter/Intelliteam system with existing pole-mounted switchgear
The project will succeed if:
- The suitability of the new radios for providing protection functionality can be determined
- The performance of the technology over a 12 month period of operation can be measured and evaluated
- An analysis can be made of the performance of the communications sufficient to inform an assessment of their suitability for general utility applications
- An evaluation can be made of the benefits in terms of CI/CMLs