Electricity Distribution and Electricity Transmission
A Holistic Intelligent Control System for flexible technologies
SP Energy Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ED - Network improvements and system operability, ED - New technologies and commercial evolution, ET - Network improvements and system operability and ET - New technologies and commercial evolution
This project will investigate the potential use of a Holistic Intelligent Control System for the power network.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Identify the features required for a Holistic Intelligent Control system owned by a DNO (DSO)
- Analysis the evolving characteristic of distribution network with uptake of renewable generation, energy storage and EV
- Define the existing and future control technical requirements to future proof the controller functional design
- Scoping and specifying the control interfaces depending on the engineering and/or commercial relationship
- Review and Identify the common control algorithm to standardise the process
- Assess the communication infrastructure requirements and its sensitivity in the control process
- Validate the design of a holistic system controller