Fault Current, Measurement and Fault Management
The objectives and activities of the project are:
Stage 1: To develop and demonstrate a Laboratory prototype
- Consult with DNOs on the sensitivity range required for the device
- Select appropriate electrochemical cell chemistry and develop a laboratory demonstrator showing the appropriate sensitivity in something approximating the final plastic card format
- Estimate the accuracy of the device and the key factors that limit resolution and accuracy
- Provide initial costs estimates of a final device
Stage 2: Development of trial units and capture feedback on the design
- Develop demonstrator and conduct initial testing
- Produce 10 units for 3rd party testing
- Review test data
Stage 3: To develop “large scale trial” units
- Produce 200 devices for evaluation by DNOs
Stage 4: Commercialisation support for the product
- Market analysis
- Preparation for manufacturing
The main success criterion for the project is that the Method is able to achieve its design targets of:
- 20 year life when deployed as a long term indicator
Other success criteria are:
- Successful development of laboratory prototype.
- Successful development of trial units.
- Deployment of units in the field.