Enhanced Real-Time Cable Temperature Monitoring
SP Energy Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
The scope of this project will include:
- Enhancing the cable temperature monitoring system developed in previous SPEN’s Tier 1 LCNF project by conducting additional diagnostic tests and validations.
- Carrying out data analysis of historical cable temperature data for at least 12 month period to Identify temperature hotspots and causes of temperature bottlenecks.
- Design the architecture of an ANM system informed by real-time cable temperatures.
- Updating the relevant policy documents and provide recommendation for full business adoption of the DTS system.
- Dissemination of the outcomes and learning points through workshops with other UK DNOs and conferences as appropriate
The objectives of this project are:
- Use 12 month period cable temperatures of wind farm circuits to demonstrate the additional network capacity and boost the confidence in deploying cable temperature monitoring systems.
- Design the ANM system informed by real-time cable temperatures.
- Provide recommendations for full business adoption of DTS system.
- Disseminate the key lesson learnt within SPEN and to other UK DNOs.
- Production of the data analysis report on at least a 12-month period which includes identifying the thermal pinch points and their causes and recommendations for elevation of thermal constraints.
- Designing an ANM system informed by real-time cable temperatures.
- Providing recommendations for developing and updating relevant policy documents for adopting DTS in full business as usual.
- Receiving feedback from other UK DNOs on dissemination of findings and lessons learnt