Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks and Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission
SSEN Future Networks Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
1) Define the requirements for a modular approach to transmission substation from design to construction
2) Assess the alternative approaches to traditional substation design and construction techniques
3) Create recommendations for Transmission Operators to employ these new approaches, including potential changes to design and operational standards.
If successful SHE Transmission will then look to deploy this approach on a selected project.
If successful this project has the potential to
· Reduce costs for substation design, construction, installation and operation
· Increase speed of deployment
· Develop lower cost options for increasing substation capacity to give increased flexibility
· Allow substations to be better matched to the anticipated connection – especially for renewables – and to provide flexibility to increase capacity
· Reduce consenting times
· Reduce the overall carbon footprint of the development