Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks and Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission
SSEN Future Networks Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Low Carbon Generation and Overhead Lines
The DLR system is intended to:
- Increase generation output and allow further generation connections to the 132kV circuit
- Raise Transmission capacity
Monitor sag in order to provide advance warning of impending clearance violations
- Match line ratings to load and weather conditions.
The results of this project have potential for learning in the following areas:
- Potential savings in Capex and Opex
- Potential levels of additional transmission line capacity achievable by using the method
- Unforeseen challenges and risks associated with dynamic ratings
- Ease of integrating supplier proprietary systems with existing SCADA system
- Complexity of system planning required in case of wider adoption of the method
The learning will be disseminated by conference presentations.