High Volume Gas Escapes (Stage 1)
Hector Salgado, Innovation Project Manager
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Safety and emergency
Active Network Management and Asset Management
The aim of this project is to produce a range of options across several technology readiness levels (TRL) which will form the ‘toolbox’ of the project’s name, in order to allow SGN to select a particular tool dependent on the type of leak encountered.
The specific objectives for this project are:
- Confirm the challenges of the solution.
- Develop a screening process to choose the most appropriate techniques to move forward.
- Provide a full view of the solution ‘landscape’ (idea generation).
- Outline a long list of solutions (initial screening).
- Carry out an Engineering Screening Process to determine the initial feasibility of the long list.
- Recommend a short list of solutions to be taken forward with appropriate costings.
- Carry out a validation exercise, looking at getting rough prototypes into the field and understanding their benefits and challenges.