Phil Bradwell, Innovation Project Manager
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Reliability and maintenance
Maintenance & Inspection
SGN NIA project to inspect bolt condition and trial reinforcement clamp.
The objectives of this project are to:
- Complete offsite trials and onsite live trails of the reinforcement clamp.
- Complete a variety of offsite testing to calculate the corroded cross sectional area and the remaining strength of the stud bolts.
- To give a quantitative measure for the corrosion as a percentage of metal loss or cross sectional area.
- Development of a screening tool documenting evidence from offsite testing. This will be developed into a user guide based on bolt conditions, operating parameters and all other relevant details.Understand how the corrosion affects the remnant strength and life in the bolt.
- Develop a bolt replacement procedure and training instructions.