Gas Distribution Networks
The objective of this project is to give assurance that Forged Carbon Fibre can be used to manufacture a range of complex products that are used on the gas distribution network.
To do this, the project will redesign and manufacture 5 products maximising the material properties and then test those products against the existing metal based product standards and specifications.
Assurance gained through testing will be used to support an ongoing Stage 2 which will incorporate field trials of the products.
The success criteria for the project are:
- Technical review of product conceptual design of the products to relevant industry standards and legislation
- Gap analysis and risk assessment against industry standards and specifications
- Review and appraisal of design, development, engineering and testing reports
- Laboratory testing to simulate the environment the products will be required to operate in
- Creation of an offsite testing report which details the performance of the products in a non-gas environment and makes an assessment on suitability for field trial
- Recommendation for Stage 2 field trials