Gas Distribution Networks
The focus of this first stage of the project is to independently review our current practices against industry recognised blue-light standards. This platform will represent a state of the art improvement over existing methods of major incident response management by improving safety, repeatability, efficiency and onward recharge where appropriate and will set a new standard for the future of incident response and management. Although the aim of the review of SGN’s Incident Management Process, is intended to identify candidate areas of interest for hybrid development, some possibilities have already been identified such as:
- Managing the mobilisation process of the response team once a major incident has been identified
- Managing of staff and vehicles on-site including ‘tag-in – tag-out’
- Monitoring the availability of specialist equipment and making sure that staff skills match the role requirements
- Integration and monitoring of certain key equipment such as remote pressure monitors, with alarm thresholds where appropriate
- Support for Disconnect/Connect operations, using a map gazetteer to produce a list of properties which can be divided into sectors and shared with teams via hand-held devices and where status can be updated and client detail (contact or vulnerability data) entered.
- Time-on-task recording for staff and resources to provide data for the claim-back process
The objective of this work is to develop a sound understanding of the requirements to take forward to a development stage. To do this the project will engage professionals from the incident management arena and the Network departments involved in incident management to review and bring forward process designs and operating best practices. This will ensure that at the end of the overall project the industry has a robust and complete incident management solution that is ready for implementation.
Specific success criteria are:
- To investigate and fully understand SGNs existing Incident Management Process
- To develop and propose changes and technical enhancements to the Incident Management Process.
- To demonstrate potential technical solutions to improve the Incident Management Process, through mock ups and use cases, and to present those solutions to SGN for usability feedback.