Gas Distribution Networks
The scope of the project is to perform a detailed feasibility study to minimize onward project risk and develop operational, safety and procedural guidelines for the Robotic Keyhole System, generate specifications for the device and solidify the design and analyse and perform a preliminary selection of key components for use in the system.
The success criteria for the project are:
- Generation of preliminary specifications for the system - Robotic Arm, Sensors, Custom Tooling or Adaptation of Existing Tooling, and Support Systems (Keyhole Rotary Cutting Unit, Vacuum, Compressor, Generator, Operator Controls, Etc)
- Evaluation of key system components against technical and operational specifications
- Generation of draft operational specifications and work plans outlining how the Robotic Keyhole System will be deployed in the field to perform keyhole excavations
- Preliminary identification of key components including, Robotic Arm, Tooling, Sensor Packages
- Preliminary 3D Computer Modelling of Robotic Arm Capabilities
- A preliminary analysis of the proposed process with the inclusion of operator intervention points and safety evaluations
- Produce a detailed feasibility report and share the learning with the other network licensees.