Maintenance & Inspection
The Scope of this project is to investigate the latest developments in Magnetic Filtration Technology for use on SGN’s plant. This would allow the potential for utilising more cost effective methods of gas filtration on the network pressure regulating stations, with the potential to remove the restriction on Low Pressure networks, returning the systems to their full operating parameters.
The success criteria for this project are to trial and test the new magnetic filtering system and methods in our existing filter elements. The project will be determined to be a success if the following is achieved:
- Compatibility assessment of magnetic filtration technology and products with particular consideration to durability, practicality of application and price on all SGN assets.
- Risk assessment and gap analysis of relevant industry and SGN standards and specifications.
- Completed review of current specifications including assessment of current practice suitability in relation to new technology.
- Draft a new specification incorporating applicable new technology.
- Completed technical report on results, findings and comparisons between new and existing elements.
- Carry out off site mechanical appraisals and on site field trials.
- Compare the existing performance of the regulator against the newly installed system.
- Create comparison of the number of site visits required compared to traditional methods.
- Provide technical reports against existing and new filter systems and their successes rate.
- Produce a Maintenance Work instruction that reflects the applications and methods, in SGN’s SMF format, equipment and the applications techniques required.
- Share the learning of this project with the other Network Licensees.