Gas Distribution Networks
PE bodied valves, up to and including 180mm, are currently allowed for use on gas distribution networks in GB in accordance with Gas Industry Standard GIS/V7-2:2006. SGN only currently use PE bodied valves up to 63mm. The use of metal bodied valves above 63mm currently requires corrosion protection via coatings and wrapping. Extending the use of PE bodied valves up to and beyond 180mm for all distribution activities provides an opportunity to reduce expenditure on corrosion protection for metallic valves.
Therefore, the project scope will include the following:
- Review of global products currently available.
- Review of double block and bleed requirement for distribution network valves.
- Gap Analysis of current products with GIS/V7-2
- Selection of products for testing
- Off Site testing
- Live field trials
- Draft Specification for PE bodied Valves >180mm
- Report documenting findings.
The investigation, technical assessment, gap analysis and field trials for extending the use of PE bodied valves for use on the GB Network.
A review of Double Block and Bleed valve requirements on SGN’s distribution network.
The discovery and approval for use on SGN’s network of PE valves >63mm.
The production of a new (or amendment of existing) specification allowing the use of PE bodied valves of greater than 180mm on SGN’s distribution network
The following success criteria apply to this project:
- Completed review of global products currently available.
- Completed review of double block and bleed requirement for distribution network valves.
- Completed Gap Analysis of current products with current specifications and standards.
- Completed off site testing of selected products and completion of live filed trials.
- Approval of selected >63mm PE Valve products for use on SGN’s distribution network.
- Completed draft Specification for PE bodied Valves >180mm.
- Completed full project report.