Protection and Gas Distribution Networks
The success criteria for this project is to trial and test the new paint technologies and methods and to simplify the paint selection process. The project will be determined to be a success if the following is achieved:
- Compatibility assessment of smart paint, coating technology and products with particular consideration to durability, practicality of application and price on all SGN assets.
- Risk assessment and gap analysis of relevant industry and SGN standards and specifications.
- Completed review of current specifications including assessment of current practice suitability in relation to applicable new technologies.
- Draft a new specification incorporating applicable new technologies.
- Completed technical report on results, findings and comparisons between new and existing elements.
- Carry out off site and on site field trials.
- Provide technical reports on previous installations and their successes rate.
- COSHH and Risk Assessments for all new products added to the paint register.
- Produce a Maintenance Work instruction, in SGN’s SMF format, that enables the operative to select a suitable paint system for the equipment and the applications techniques required.
- Share the learning of this project with the other Network Licensees.