Gas Distribution Networks
The project, consisting of parallel feasibility studies, seeks to establish the requirements of implementing a Real-Time Network within SGN’s networks and subsequently, following a successful NIC project, the rest of GB. As part of the NIA project, the feasibility studies will be assessed, both internally and independently with the preferred approach advising a NIC bid submission.
The studies will consist of assessment of areas of current business as usual practices as well as a view of required practices for both pre and post implementation.
This project seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- A clear review of current legislation and documentation
- A completed review of previous projects in relevant areas
- Analysis of potential trial sites across SGN’s supply zones
- Identification of potential tech providers
- Review of IT infrastructure and outline requirements for NIC
- Stakeholder engagement plan
- Production of a cost benefit analysis
Following completion of the above stages a review process will be completed both internally by the project steering group and by an independent assessor.
The success of this project will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Two feasibility studies into Real-Time Networks consisting of:
- Identification of relevant legislation to be considered in NIC bid process
- A view of relevant past projects to feed into a Real-Time Network
- Recommendation of sites to trial a Real-Time Networks within SGN’s licensed supply areas
- Guide of recommended tech partners to provide sensor and metering solutions
- Outline of IT infrastructure requirements
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Analysis concluding the preferred method to take forward to an NIC bid submission in 2015