Gas Distribution Networks
The objectives of the project are to produce a portable gas detection device to detect methane and CO gases, and determine if readings detected on site are from a natural gas leak. Development of digital capture of site investigation data and inventory management will also be developed as part of the project.
Summary of Work Required
- Develop a working prototype of the gas detection device to meet relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Develop work procedures for using the product
- Trial the solution across SGN’s regional networks
- Commercial appraisal for the overall use of the product and potential efficiency savings resulting from the success of the field trial.
The success criteria for the project are:
- Carry out design and development of a conceptual gas detection device
- Complete the manufacture of 20 prototypes of the solution to meet the relevant industry and SGN standards and specifications.
- Development of in-vehicle calibration devices
- Development of an associated training package for field trial
- Undertake field trials across SGNs regional networks
- Produce operator guidelines detailing the correct operating procedure of the equipment
- Produce and disseminate learning based on final project report