Gas Distribution Networks
The successful development of the Serviflex system will provide positive environmental benefits with a reduction in the number of excavations required, the time taken and the impact on the customer. In order to ensure that this project is a success, the progress will be evaluated at the end of each project milestone. SGN’s project manager will assess the outputs of each milestone upon completion before approving progress to the next stage. The success criteria for the project are to determine the extent to which the following targets are met by Serviflex system:
- Have a tool that will relay a service from an internal meter position using live insertion techniques
- Have a tool that will be able to insert ¾” steel services
- Eliminate the need to excavate to relay a gas service where ever possible
- Reduction in the amount of excavation required and the amount of material sent to landfill
- A reduction in the quantity of third party damages caused due to the reduction in excavation taking place
- Reduction in average interruption time by 30%.