Environmental and Overhead Lines
The objective of this Project is to –
*Develop a new material based on wood veneers and bio resins that will pass DNO’s criteria for being used as an alternative to traditional wooden power distribution poles.
* Develop a material that is eco-friendly.
* Develop a new design of pole using this material that possesses all the characteristics required for a power distribution pole.
* Develop a replacement pole design that would be cost effective to deploy.
* Explore new possibilities of utilizing the properties of this new material.
The success criteria for the Project are:
- The development of a material that meets DNOs specifications that could be used for new innovative designs in power distribution.
- The demonstration of a prototype pole, which could be used as a replacement to traditional wooden power distribution poles.
- The demonstration of a manufacturing technique to produce an alternative pole.
- The results of this Project that would allow the manufacture and testing of full scale alternative poles using the new material development in this Project produced on a spiral winding machine.