Northern Powergrid and UK Power Networks
NPg – Kevin Willerton (email@example.com) UK Power Networks – Ismini Dimitriadou (Ismini.Dimitriadou@ukpowernetworks.co.uk)
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
The project will research and identify candidate repair technologies, experimentally evaluate the preferred options, build and trial a working prototype of the preferred technology. Along with this the project will produce recommendations on the best route to commercialization for the preferred technology.
* Construction and commissioning of the laboratory fluid leak containment rig.
* Evaluation of the properties of the modified self-repair fluids that support containment.
* Design and costing of the fluid filled cable test rig with the cable requirements of the supporting DNOs fed back into the design.
* Selection of the cable test rig host and establishing a costing for the hosting of the technology.
* Define the development activities to enhance repair and containment function for Evaluation of materials produced using the assessment methods already reported in Stage 2.
* Accelerate the design, costing and location of the FFC cable test rig in preparation for an accelerated follow-up project.
* Prime the low pressure FFC fluid producers in the UK to provide purified fluids in volumes suitable for the cable test rig and FFC circuit trials.
* Stage gate review to decide whether the project can still deliver benefit to customers and to determine the required follow-up work.
The success for this low TRL project is the delivery of the objectives detailled above and a confirmed decsion as to whther to continue the porject into a further development phase as a separate follow-up activity.