Mobile robot for automated identification of failures in HV substations
National Grid Electricity Transmission
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ET - Network improvements and system operability
The overall objective of this project is to develop an autonomous device capable of continuously monitoring assets in order to reduce the number of false reading surveys.
The objectives of the project are as follows:
- To collect data that supports the value proposition associated with continuous monitoring of substation assets
- To develop algorithms that successfully identify assets with higher probabilities of failure
- To develop a prototype mobile robot, including the attachment of measuring devices which is capable of operating in a high voltage substation
- To evaluate the ability to locate an autonomous system accurately and therefore allow it to move around a substation without human interaction
- To develop techniques that provide information to operators allowing them to rapidly identify potential failures