Northern Gas Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Reliability and maintenance and GD - Mains Replacement
Gas Distribution Networks
Steve Vick International working in partnership with Northern Gas Networks will design, develop and field test a suitable solution to enable the seal or abandonment of Tier 1 and Tier 2 metallic stubs up to and including the final transition joint prior to the parent main connection. A solution which currently does not exist.
This project will aim to meet the following objectives:
Design & Development of:
- Tier 1 Foam bag system for abandoning metallic legacy stubs.
- Tier 2 Foam bag system for abandoning metallic legacy stubs
- Tier 1 and 2 reusable gas tight pipe entry system
- Remote entry system to allow Tier 1 and 2 operations to be carried out from within the parent main
Measured using pressure testing, installation validation testing and data collection via the Project Log document. Phase success measured at the stage gate meeting. Overall success measured with Field Trials and reporting to be assessed at the project closeout phase
- Fully approved Legacy Stub system for use on Tier 1 and 2 metallic stubs - All documentation must be published and approved to G23 standards by SVI and NGN.
- Ready for Implementation – The project will be measured using all of the published and presented data and reports from design, development and testing to enable implementation.