myDart Phase 2 – Digital Asset Records Tool
Northern Gas Networks
Glen Batterham – Project Manager
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Mains Replacement
Asset Management, Measurement, Network Automation and Gas Distribution Networks
NGN already have the capability to electronically capture, draw and map assets in the field, albeit in a standalone system with limited capability (Collector). The current process for capturing and integrating data from the field is inefficient, error prone and there are issues with Collector that have impacted take-up of the app with the field crews. So much so, that some crews have reverted to recording information on paper.
As a result, NGN and 1Spatial have embarked on a project to develop a solution to improve user experience, increase data quality and streamline the data collection process to increase overall end-to-end data management productivity. The purpose of the Phase 2 project is to build upon the successful Proof of Concept (POC) which was delivered as Phase 1.
Testing in Phase 1 identified a number of new user requirements, as well as the need to refine some existing requirements.
These will be delivered as part of Phase 2 whilst the solution is developed from a simple proof of concept (TRL4) to a qualified production ready system (TRL8). Although Phase 2 will not mark the end of development for the full myDart project, it aims to provide NGN with a production ready application so that NGN can realise the benefit of this innovation as quickly as possible.
This project will progress the POC Demonstrator developed in NIA_NGN_229 and release it into 1Spatials Function Test Environment at TRL8. Phase2 will focus on:
- An app designed for and by the end users themselves
- Enhanced, automated data validation, correction and creation
- Connected and disconnected data capture
- Integration with existing GIS platforms (e.g. Esri)
- Simple, easy to use application
- Integration with GNSS devices for accurate location
- 3D enabled (for future 3D requirements)
- Full DR4 recording (Pipe Geography & Plant) & reporting
- DR4 rules validation to ensure compliance
- Full MRD reporting and D30 tracking
- Recording and documenting dual services & multiple span information
- In built service digitisation rules ensuring compliance
- GD2 reporting ready
- 1 click approval / rejection
- Street & Project completion recording
- Capture of all on site documentation – RO/NRO, Test Certificates, Permits, Forms of
- Authority & Site Audits
- Revised data model to support integration with S4
- Enhanced spatial validation rules
- Full reporting suite
- Enable de-commissioning of Collector
- Remove the reliance of ArcGIS online for data returns
- Reduced back office QA/QC effort