Overcrossing Sleeve Investigation Tool
Northern Gas Networks
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Reliability and maintenance
Asset Management, Maintenance & Inspection and Gas Distribution Networks
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) were asked to propose an investigation into whether any NDT inspection methods are suitable for determining if fill material is present inside these buried gas pipe sleeves. Ideally the solution should also be able to provide some data on the degree and/or location of any corrosion.
1. Define the key project requirements;
2. Undertake a paper-based down-selection to identify the most appropriate; inspection systems out of all identified, to progress to inspection trials;
3. Conduct initial laboratory trials of up to two of the most likely identified technologies on representative pipe samples / rig;
4. Conduct validation field trials of up to two of the most likely identified technologies on representative buried gas pipelines;
5. Report findings and recommendations of the inspection system.