Northern Gas Networks and Wales and West Utilities
Dan Sadler - Head of Energy Futures (NGN), Michael Evans - Cambridge Carbon Capture, Richard Pomroy, Commercial Manager (WWU)
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Gas Distribution Networks
The scope of this 12 month programme of work by CCC is to prove the technical advantage of the CCC process of CO2 mineralisation.
The project will contain two stages run in tandem –
Stage 1: Laboratory based experimental analysis of the CO2 mineralisation process (11 months)
Stage 2: Expert review of results of stage 1 experiments to ascertain competitive advantage (11 months)
The success criteria for the project are:
- Demonstration of CO2 stripping of the simulated gas mixture
- Chemical analysis of end products proving desired chemistry; demonstration of good utility of Mg(OH)2 (<20% Mg(OH)2 in product solids)
- Reaction kinetics calculated and validated against available research literature
- Industrial contacts shortlisted & key discussion questions summarised.
- Production of market research report