Open Source SCADA Platform Phase 2
National Grid Gas Transmission
Jeremy Hunns and Mark Brookes
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GT - Security
This innovation project seeks to design and develop a standard SCADA system using open source technology that removes the complexities and demonstrates reduced TOTEX costs currently associated with SCADA systems as well as being:
- Be fully compliant and aligned with National Grid’s cyber protocols.
- A common strategy / solution across National Grid’s compressor fleet.
- Upgradable / maintainable independently from control systems.
- A modular package.
- G/19 type approved that would be owned and managed by National Grid.
- Open source platform with National Grid retaining the intellectual property and independence from the OEM and system vendors.