National Grid Gas Distribution
NGGD: Hilary Buxton – Engineering Policy Manager NGGD Declan Robinson – Policy Manager (Materials) NGGD: Joe McShane - Innovation Project Manager NGGD: Andy Newton – Innovation Portfolio Manager Rosen: Simon Daniels – Principal Engineer Aquam/NuFlow: Stuart Stephens – Head of Operations
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Gas Distribution Networks
The scope of the project is to qualify Nu Flow’s small bore pipe lining/rehabilitation system on a live gas system as an interim remediation technique. The pre-work will also enable the construction project and post-completion; the learning will be taken and incorporated into the relevant policy documentation.
Project deliverables are:
- Updated G/23 site trial document
- Testing of proposed Copper-PE solution (lining, transitioning with a mechanical fitting, etc.)
- Witnessing of construction project and collation of site data and evidence and most importantly further…
- update of draft Riser Liner Specification Document
Successful delivery of this project will build on work previously completed and providing learning as to how this technology can be further applied practically. The data collected will also be used to augment the Riser Liner Specification.
The project will be deemed a success by providing:
- Successful completion of test programme and acceptance of outputs
- Successful execution of construction project
- Obtainment of qualitative and quantitative data from testing and site
Acceptance of updated policy documentation.