Maintenance & Inspection
The objective of this project is to trial equipment for water removal from the top of the main without the need for BA equipment, ensuring the water from within a specific section of the main is fully removed and allows engineers to install a PE siphon directly on the network without installing a water collection pit at a relatively low cost.
The success criteria for the project is to trial and test a Top Tee siphon adaptor and show that:
- Removes water from a PE main in a controlled environment
- Can be applied directly on to a PE network resulting in a reduction of required fittings
- Reduces the requirement for larger excavations & removes the need for a water collection pit
- Restores gas supply to customers in a shorter time frame.
- Product is a cheap cost solution for removing water over traditional methods.