National Grid Gas Distribution
Robert Cairns – National Grid Gas Distribution (NGGD), Mitch Lane - National Grid Gas Distribution (NGGD)
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Gas Distribution Networks
The project will include;
- The development of a National Grid specific mobile platform based on EON Experience VR
- The development of up to 3 individual VR/AR models, produced from CAD drawings.
This will be used in TEM and Pressure control courses so the delegates get an insight to how the internal workings operate.
This is a difficult regulator and pilot set up to understand – hopefully the 3d imagery and internal working will assist in the classroom explanations.
- Axial flow regulator and ZSC 100 pilot
A commonly used regulator that fits into lots of our training courses – usually a starting point for HP training so having a 3d model on this will help in lots of courses
- The procurement of an Eon Reality iBench to allow the testing of Augmented Reality in the training environment.
- The procurement of 20 “Cardboard” Virtual Reality Goggles to allow the testing of Virtual Reality in a training environment.
- An assessment of the technology, by undertaking of a 6 month trial of the technology, within the training environment at National Grid Eakring.
The objective of the Project is to assess whether the modelling of work procedures in Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality can be utilised within the UK Gas Industry, to support engineers completing complex operational working procedures.
Production of 3 equipment models
- 3 pieces pf equipment to be modelled by EON Reality on CAD Drawings or Photographic imaging.
- QA assessment of quality of models provided by NGGD Eakring Academy.
Measure feedback from the Trainer
Measuring if the innovation has aided and improved the delivery of classroom theory sessions. This will be captured via a report or testimonial.