Introduction of 19 Bar PE Pipeline in the UK Gas Network
National Grid Gas Distribution
National Grid Gas Distribution – Sharon Harrison, CNG Services – Roy Taylor, Macaw Engineering Ltd – David Smart
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Mains Replacement
Gas Distribution Networks
The scope of work includes:
- Design and install a 1.4kM 19 bar pipeline
- Establish construction methods including jointing, pressure testing & commissioning.
- Establish training requirements for all aspects of the installation e.g. jointing
- Confirm HSE acceptability
- Identify and manage risks
- Establish actual benefits, in particular capex and opex
- Compile report for dissemination of findings to the wider industry
- Establish way forward to allow 19 bar PE to be implemented safely and efficiently in UK
- To demonstrate fitness for intended purpose of the RTP material in order to make a 19 Bar connection
- To demonstrate the productivity benefit that can be gleaned from deploying this material c/w steel
- Confirm the effectiveness of No-dig techniques
- Estimate the whole life costs and hence reduction in costs compared with steel
- The installation of the 19 bar PE pipeline is completed, and a conclusion can be made on its potential effectiveness in the UK network.
- The use of the material demonstrates an installation cost benefit compared with steel