CISBOT 18” Cast Iron Demonstration
National Grid Gas Distribution
Paul Slater – Project Delivery Manager and Andrew Newton – Innovation Portfolio Manager
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
Gas Distribution Networks
The scope of this project includes:
- Demonstration of the capability of the CISBOT technology in operating within 18”CI LP main in North London
- It is envisaged that the demonstration will take place on a 200m section of live gas main
- Anaerobic sealant will be internally applied to each joint
- A camera survey will be undertaken within the main to determine its suitability for the CISBOT robot
- An FIM survey will be undertaken pre and post joint sealing
- FIM results will be used as evidence of capability within the final report
- The Final Report will be shared directly with SGN to compliment SGN lead studies
- Appropriate site competencies, responsibilities, permits, notices will be in place
- Appropriate contracts and relationships will in place.
The objective is to demonstrate the existing US developed CISBOT robotic technology and technique in the UK in order to test its practicality, effectiveness, current and future potential benefits as an initial step in support of the above Problem Statement.
Successful insertion, operation and retrieval of the CISBOT robot in the chosen 18” CI LP gas main to inform an
understanding of how this technique could be developed towards the overall objective.