Development of a Universal Bushing
National Grid Electricity Transmission
National Grid TO Innovation Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
ET - Network improvements and system operability
Asset Management and Maintenance & Inspection
The scope of work is outlined below. It can be split into four distinct areas; design, manufacturer, prepare & make safe and trial. This scope will enable the desired learning.
- Design: Produce a conceptual design of the universal bushing for 33kV
- Manufacture: Manufacturer a prototype bushing at 33kV
- Prepare and Make Safe: Produce detailed RAMS for installing the bushing
- Trial: Physically install the bushing on a transformer to trial in a working environment
- Subject to success at 33kV a solution will be developed for higher voltages
The aim of this project is to design and trial a prototype universal bushing that is suitable for installation on British Electricity Boards Specification for Transformers and Reactors (BEBS T2) specified transformers.
The successful delivery of this project includes the development of a novel universal bushing. The new design prototype will be trialed on a live network and the findings will be shared with all LNOs in the final project report.