Electricity Transmission Networks
Innovation comes from the application of this method and is aimed at providing a more accurate and confident identification of risk of overhead line deterioriation.
Specific deliverables required of this project are:
- Test the relationship between span environment and the repair/defect history. Establish confidence level in the method by applying it to a number of OHL routes.
- Classify wind exposure types.
- Re-classify environments for each tower/span and show the impact on asset life calculations.
The outputs of this research project will provide the industry:
- Confidence level in the technique is established.
- Impact of environment re-classification is demonstrated.
- Potential for new environment categorizations is discussed with recommendations.