Engagement with ENWL customers, GB suppliers with learning applicable to all licensed operators.
Experts: consultation with a range of specialist service organisations and manufacturers of innovative technologies and relevant trade associations.
Customer engagement: research across the full range of ENWL customers: domestic and commercial customers with specific quotas on sub-segments including but not limited to urban, rural, the young (18-24 years) and customers who have made previous contact with their DNO.
Staff engagement: frontline ENWL customer service staff.
Delivering customer interactions in a technologically advanced seamless system manner will only impact on the costs and quality of a system operators operations if the customer responds positively to that interaction.
• To broaden the level of understanding concerning customer service needs and future expectations
• To have a robust measure of anticipated future attitudes, behaviours and needs by customer segment
• To integrate customer research with existing service provisions and innovative solutions to optimise a customer service approach, enabling a strategy for DNOs to meet the future needs and expectations of its customer base
• To facilitate the creation of bespoke customer service solutions targeted at specific customer groups to meet their unique medium and long term future needs
• A blueprint for implementing bespoke customer service solutions incorporating a link to network control systems and data
The project success criteria are:
- An understanding of current and future customer service needs and how unmet needs might be addressed
- Identification of a range of innovative solutions that best meet customers increased servicing expectations
- Reactions to mass customer contact capabilities and identification of the optimal strategy in terms of automation and interactivity
- An appreciation of the variations in acceptability and applicability of innovative technologies and solutions across key customer segments and groups
- A customer service blueprint, which incorporates data from existing network control systems, to best meet existing and future needs of specific customer groups and leverage higher levels of customer satisfaction
- A demonstration of how innovative technologies and solutions can assist DNOs to better plan their customer investment strategy