Cable Health Assessment - Low Voltage
Electricity North West Limited
Electricity North West Innovation Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
LV & 11kV Networks, Overhead Lines, Asset Management, Conductors and Condition Monitoring
This project will develop the technology, data processing, support services, BAU operating model and CBRM based asset health modelling required allowing LV cable condition data to be included in the Condition Based Risk Model giving Network Operators the ability to assign Health Indices to its low voltage cables and associated networks.
• Develop low cost technology which can be used to define the condition of the low voltage cable network.
• Develop BAU support services to allow wide scale deployment.
• Develop the data processing and modelling necessary to allow inclusion in the CBRM framework.
• Installation of hardware at a number of distribution substations (expected to be up to 500).
• Run a live trial of the new models and associated support services.
• Produce all the necessary documentation (specs and models) to allow adoption by other Network Operators.
- Production of hardware and backend data processing technologies.
- Production of the relevant processes and models to allow LV cable condition to be included in the CBRM framework.
- Development of a BAU operating model to allow wide scale deployment.
- Production of the CBRM methodology, specifications and codes of practice to permit replication.